beef taco wraps
Need a snack or meal in a hurry? Wrap pieces of steak in a tortilla with cream cheese and salsa. Perfect for anybody on the go.
- 1 pound beef Sirloin Tip Steaks, cut 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 cup soft cream cheese
- 1 package (about 1 to 1-1/4 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium flour tortillas (about 10-inch diameter)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- sliced ripe olives
- Combine cream cheese and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Stack beef Steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine water and remaining taco seasoning mix in medium bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 2 tablespoons salsa evenly over each tortilla leaving 1-inch border around edge.Top evenly with 1/4 of beef and toppings, as desired. Roll up tightly. Cut in half before serving.
Nutrition information per serving: 509 calories; 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 105 mg cholesterol; 1513 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate; 2.8 g fiber; 32 g protein; 6.8 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 42.4 mcg selenium; 4.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.