steak and eggs breakfast taco bar
A Mexican classic made for breakfast. Topped with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 small flour tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
- 6 eggs, beaten or 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat dairy sour cream
- Heat large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Season beef Top Sirloin Steak with salt, as desired. Place beef in skillet. Pan-broil 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove beef from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add eggs and scramble until set, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Top each tortilla with equal amounts of eggs, steak and 1 tablespoon each of cheese, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Nutrition information per serving: 312 Calories; 143.1 Calories from fat; 15.9g Total Fat (5.7 g Saturated Fat; 0.1 g Trans Fat; 2.7 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.8 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 226 mg Cholesterol; 525 mg Sodium; 18.4 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.4 g Dietary Fiber; 22.5 g Protein; 2.9 mg Iron; 419 mg Potassium; 4.5 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg Vitamin B12; 3.1 mg Zinc; 35.5 mcg Selenium; 192.1 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron, and Potassium.