quick beef fajitas with pico-de-gallo
Marinate Flank Steak overnight in lime juice and garlic, then chop up a zesty pico de gallo while the beef is on the grill. Be sure to slice steak against the grain for max tenderness.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inch diameter), warmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- PICO DE GALLO
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup prepared picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in medium bowl.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve across the grain into thin slices. Serve in tortillas with Pico de Gallo.
Cook's Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
Nutrition information per serving: 373 Calories; 121.5 Calories from fat; 13.5g Total Fat (4.5 g Saturated Fat; 0.7 g Trans Fat; 2.6 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.2 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 68 mg Cholesterol; 548 mg Sodium; 32 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.4 g Dietary Fiber; 29 g Protein; 3.8 mg Iron; 444 mg Potassium; 9.1 mg NE Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.6 mg Zinc; 38.8 mcg Selenium; 97.8 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.