beef green chile
This soul-warming chile is simple to prepare. Using leftover beef Brisket, add onion, jalapeño peppers, garlic, chiles and tomatoes, then simmer to deepen the chiles rich flavors.
- 12 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Brisket, cubed or shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups canned diced green chiles
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
- TOPPINGS OPTIONAL
- dairy sour cream, tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado ro guacamole
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beef Brisket, chiles and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Garnish with additional sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado or guacamole, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 282 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 88 mg cholesterol; 850 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 8.2 g fiber; 30 g protein; 7.4 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 29.5 mcg selenium; 6.9 mg zinc; 110.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.