tenderloin cranberry & pear salad with honey mustard dressing
This is one of our favorite salad recipes, ready in just 25 minutes, this will be a go-to for quick & nutritious week night meals.
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, but 3/4 inch thick (4 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 package (5 oz) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Recipe and photo as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Nutrition information per serving: 321 calories; 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 67 mg cholesterol; 434 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 3.3 g fiber; 26 g protein; 7.6 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.4 mg iron; 3 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.