spicy portuguese beef steak kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 crushed red pepper (optional)
Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in medium bowl. Add beef; toss. Alternately thread beef and bell pepper onto six 10-inch metal skewers.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Season with salt.
Nutrition information per serving: 214 calories; 11 g fat; 76 mg cholesterol; 98 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 26 g protein; 3.8 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3 mg iron; 5.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of niacin and iron.