mu shu steak & apple wraps
Hand-held and perfectly portable, these wraps are great on the go.
- 4 beef Tri-Tip Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt (optional)
- 3 cups tri-color coleslaw mix (with green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and thinly sicled
- 8 medium whole wheat flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter), warmed
- Combine cinnamon and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Combine hoisin sauce and honey in large bowl. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt, if desired. Add steak slices, coleslaw mix and apple to hoisin mixture; toss to coat.
- Place equal amounts of beef mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border on right and left sides. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges; secure with wooden picks, if necessary.
Nutrition information per serving: 484 Calories; 13g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 67mg Cholesterol; 958mg Sodium; 61g Total carbohydrate; 32g Protein; 1.8mg Iron; 6.8mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 90.1mg Choline; 1.9mcg Vitamin B12; 4.3mg Zinc; 26.6mcg Selenium; 8.8g Fiber;