moo shu beef wraps
Try this favorite Chinese recipe wrapped in a tortilla. Steak is marinated, grilled and served with coleslaw mix for an extra crunch.
- 1 pound beef flank steak or boneless top sirloin or top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 3 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cups sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Soak mushrooms in 1 cup hot water 20 minutes or until softened. Drain well; remove and discard stems. Cut caps into thin strips.
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin strips. Stack 3 or 4 strips at a time; cut lengthwise in half. Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl. Add beef; toss. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef, mushrooms, coleslaw mix, green onions and cornstarch mixture in skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Spread hoisin sauce on tortillas; spoon beef mixture down center. Fold bottom edge over filling; fold right and left sides to center, overlapping.
Nutrition information per serving: 544 Calories; 14g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 50mg Cholesterol; 1140mg Sodium; 68g Total carbohydrate; 37g Protein; 4.3mg Iron; 7.9mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 5.1mg Zinc; 31.4mcg Selenium; 2.5g Fiber;