mojo beef kabobs
Cubes of steaks are threaded on skewers with lime and onion then grilled to perfection. A sauce of citrus, herbs and spices provides the finishing touch.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
- 1 container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
- MOJO SAUCE
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 talespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces; season with pepper.
- Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, covered, about 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
Recipe and photo as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Nutrition information per serving: 285 calories; 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 5 mg cholesterol; 5 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 27 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 31.9 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.