mediterranean beef & veggie wraps
In about 10 minutes you've got an easy, portable Mediterranean beef wrap prepared with common ingredients and fresh vegetables!
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 medium whole wheat flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Hummus, any variety or Garlicky White Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- Fresh salad greens (such as baby spinach, arugula, mixed salad greens or thinly sliced Romaine)
- GARLICKY WHITE BEAN SPREAD
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz) great Northern or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- grape tomato halves
- shredded carrots
- red bell pepper strips
- thinly sliced cucumber
- thinly sliced red onion
1. Spread each tortilla evenly with hummus, as desired, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge. Top with equal amounts salad greens and vegetables, as desired. Top evenly with and beef slices. Roll up tightly.
Garlicky White Bean Spread: Combine 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great Northern or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 1 small clove garlic, minced and ½ teaspoon salt in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Nutrition information per serving, using deli roast beef, hummus and a variety of vegetables: 290 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 38 mg cholesterol; 1046 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 3.8 g fiber; 22 g protein; 0.2 mg niacin; 0.0 mg vitamin B6; 0.0 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 0.1 mcg selenium; 0.1 mg zinc; 2.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein; and a good source of fiber and iron.