mediterranean beef meatball kabob
Lean Ground Beef, fresh parsley and cumin are formed into meatballs and served in flatbreads. Customize with your choice of chopped veggies and Tzatziki sauce.
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flatbreads (such as naan, lavash or pita bread)
- chopped tomato
- chopped cucumber
- chopped red onion
- chopped fresh parsley
- Tzatziki sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, breadcrumbs, egg whites, parsley, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 1-1/4-inch meatballs.
- Thread meatballs onto four 10-inch skewers. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from skewers. Serve in flatbreads. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Cook's Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 360 calories; 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 763 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 33 g protein; 9.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 32.3 mcg selenium; 6.8 mg zinc; 82.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.