grilled beef tostadas
These tasty tostadas are easy to prepare and assemble for a weeknight meal or a weekend party. Spicy Strip Steak and crunchy toppings piled high make this recipe a hit.
- 1 beef Strip Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 1/4 cup of your favorite New Mexico salsa
- 4 small corn tortillas (5 to 6 inch diameter), toasted
- 1 cup no-salt-added refried beans
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion or pickled red onion
- Place beef steak and 1/2 cup Salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steaks lengthwise in thirds, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans. Top with lettuce, beef and remaining 3/4 cup salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and onion.
Nutrition information per serving: 312 Calories; 99 Calories from fat; 11g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 85 mg Cholesterol; 683 mg Sodium; 21 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.6 g Dietary Fiber; 31 g Protein; 3.9 mg Iron; 5.4 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 3.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.5 mg Zinc; 27.8 mcg Selenium; 79.9 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Choline.