easy sirloin thai salad
Recipe developed by Lauren’s Latest and The Beef Checkoff
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (5-ounce container prewashed fresh herbs and greens lettuce mix (about 8 cups)
- 1 ripe mango (sliced)
- 1 small ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red and/or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy or chunky natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Place beef steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, whisk all Dressing ingredients in medium bowl until smooth; set aside. Arrange lettuce on serving platter; arrange mango, avocado, carrot and bell pepper over lettuce.
Carve steak into slices; season with salt. Arrange beef over salad. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired. Serve immediately; squeeze lime wedges over salad, as desired.
Nutritional Information: Nutrition information per serving: 356 calories; 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 63 mg cholesterol; 341 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 4.2 g fiber; 30 g protein; 11.0 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 26.8 mcg selenium; 7.6 mg zinc; 6.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.