east meets west salad
- 2 beef shoulder center (ranch) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 oz each)
- 3/4 cup prepared reduced-fat or regular Asian-style dressing
- 1 pound coleslaw mix (pre-packaged)
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, cut diagonally in half or 3/4 cup frozen shelled deamame, defrosted
- 1/4 cup hone-roasted peanuts, chopped or slivered toasted almonds
Place beef steaks and 1/4 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss coleslaw mix, snow peas and peanuts with remaining 1/2 cup dressing in large bowl until well coated. Add beef; toss to combine.
Nutrition information per serving: 319 calories; 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 484 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrate; 3.5 g fiber; 27 g protein; 4.9 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 4.2 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 35.8 mcg selenium; 6.3 mg zinc; 98.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, iron and choline.