cali-caribbean steak street tacos
What's the secret for great tacos? Try Tri-Tip Steaks, combined with an arugula-avocado mix and cashews for a Caribbean-Californian taste sensation.
- 1 pound boneless beef Tri-Tip Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra light olive oil
- 3 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 Fresh Calilnfornia Avocado, peeled, sliced
- 16 white corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- Cut one orange in half; squeeze juice from one half to measure about 3 tablespoons. For dressing, combine juice, olive oil and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning in small bowl. Mix well; set aside.
- Rub beef steak on both sides with remaining jerk seasoning.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steak, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, peel remaining orange and orange half; cut into sections. Place in medium bowl with arugula and avocado. Add dressing; toss gently.
- Stack two tortillas for each taco. Top one side of tortillas with beef slices, arugula-avocado mixture and cashews; fold in half. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 635 Calories; 28g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 15g Monounsaturated Fat; 66mg Cholesterol; 355mg Sodium; 68g Total carbohydrate; 31g Protein; 2.7mg Iron; 8mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 110mg Choline; 1.2mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2mg Zinc; 29.2mcg Selenium; 12.8g Fiber.