breakfast beef burrito
- 2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz) condensed French onion soup
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
Cook bacon in stockpot over medium heat until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper-towel-lined plate. Brown 1/2 of beef in bacon drippings over medium heat; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef; season with salt and pepper.
Return beef and bacon to stockpot. Add soup and cider; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 hours.
Add sweet potatoes and cranberries to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; continue simmering, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until beef and potatoes are fork-tender.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 432 calories; 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 98 mg cholesterol; 1384 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 36 g protein; 5.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4 mg iron; 25.3 mcg selenium; 7.7 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.