asian steak street tacos
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then corsswise into thin slices
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 small corn tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter), warmed
- thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar and remaining marinade ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade mixture for serving. Place beef steak and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumbers, carrots and 1/2 cup rice vinegar in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Cooks Notes: One beef skirt steak, cut into 4 to 6-inch portions (1-1/2 to 2 pounds) may be substituted. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (for gas, grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Cooks Notes: Chili garlic sauce, an Asian condiment made from red chilies, garlic and vinegar, imparts a tangy, spicy heeat to dishes. Chili garlic sauce is available in Asian markets and the Asian section of most supermarkets.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef flank steak: 159 calories; 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 33 mg cholesterol; 205 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 14 g protein; 5.5 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 0.7 mcg vitamin B12; 1.2 mg iron; 13.8 mcg selenium; 2.5 mg zinc; 47.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin and selenium; and a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef skirt steak: 179 calories; 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 37 mg cholesterol; 221 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 12 g protein; 4.4 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 1.6 mg iron; 8.1 mcg selenium; 2.8 mg zinc; 41.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin and vitamin B12; and a good source of vitamin B6, selenium and zinc.