treviso, fig & pear steak salad
Top Sirloin Steak, radicchio and figs are grilled then chopped and topped with thinly sliced pear and pistachios. Not your everyday salad.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 3/4 inch thich (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large heads Treviso readicchio, cut lengthwise in half
- 6 fresh figs, stems removed, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear, cored, thinly sliced
- 3 tablelspoons coarsley chopped pistachio nuts
- Place beef steak, 1/3 cup vinaigrette and pepper in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning once.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Brush radicchio and figs lightly with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange radicchio and figs around steak. Grill steak, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill radicchio 8 to 10 minutes (for gas grill, 6 to 8 minutes) and figs 5 to 7 minutes (for gas grill, 3 to 6 minutes) or until radicchio is tender and figs soften and begin to brown, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Remove and discard cores from radicchio; coarsely chop. Season beef and radicchio with salt, as desired. Arrange radicchio, steak, figs, and pear slices on platter; top with remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette and pistachios.
Nutrition information per serving: 370 calories; 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 407 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 5.7 g fiber; 30 g protein; 8.3 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 32.7 mcg selenium; 6.2 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.