top round ranch salad
Steak salad with a Southwestern twist. Hearty and lean Top Round Steak is marinated in salsa for max flavor, then served on a bed of greens, corn and beans with creamy ranch.
- 1 beef Top Round Steak (cut 1 inch thick) about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce or pre-packaged iceberg lettuce mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- Place beef Top Round Steak and 1 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, beans and corn in shallow serving bowl; toss. Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of salad. Drizzle dressing and 1/3 cup salsa separately over beef. Sprinkle with chips, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef top round steak: 291 calories; 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 466 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 4.5 g fiber; 31 g protein; 5.4 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 31.9 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 119.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef chuck shoulder steak: 277 calories; 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 476 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 4.5 g fiber; 26 g protein; 2.9 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 23.6 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc; 16.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, niacin and vitamin B6.