texas two-bite brisket sliders
- 4 1/2 pounds Fully-Cooked Smoked Shredded Beef Brisket
- 4 pounds Hicory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chioptle peppers in adobo sauce
- 48 slider buns
- SLAW DRESSING
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- TORTILLA SLAW
- 12 ounces tortilla strips
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 ounces red or yellow julienned bell pepper
- 4 ounces chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, oregano, mustard, cumin, garlic powder and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Deep-Fry tortilla strips 1 to 3 minutes or until crisp; drain and set aside. Combine coleslaw mix, peppers, green onions and cilantro in large bowl, mixing lightly; cover and set aside. Add dressing and refrigerate.
- Combine barbecue sauce and chipotle puree in a roundeau; heat over medium-high heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Add brisket and heat until hot (160ºF.), stirring gently. Keep warm.
Per order: Split 2 slider buns. On slider bottoms place 2 oz. brisket. Top with 2 Tbsp. slaw and 1/2 oz. tortilla strips. Top with slider tops.
Per serving: 463 calories; 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 83 mg cholesterol; 1117 mg sodium; 47 g carbohydrate; 2.0 g fiber; 32 g protein; 7.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 5.6 mg iron; 29.1 mcg selenium; 7.1 mg zinc; 110.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.