teriyaki-marinated beef steak
- 1 thick-cut beef bottom round (western griller) steak, cut 1-1/4 inches thick (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup prepared teriyaki marinade sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 18 to 20 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, timings remain the same) for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Carve steak into thin slices.
Note: Beef Bottom Round (Western Griller) Steaks are cut from the Beef Outside Round (Flat) (IMPS/NAMP 171B). Following the natural seam, the triangular shaped muscle is removed and is usually sold as pot roast. The remaining muscle is completely trimmed and then cut across the grain into 3/4, 1, or 1-1/4-inch thick steaks. These larger steaks are then cut in half for more manageable family-size steaks. Steaks cut 3/4 inch thick average 10 ounces. Steaks cut 1 inch thick average 12 to 16 ounces. Steaks cut 1-1/4 inches thick average 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition information per serving:226 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 91 mg cholesterol; 998 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.0 g fiber; 31 g protein; 5.1 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 2.4 mg iron; 29.9 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc; 111.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.