tangy pressure cooker beef roast
Delicious roast, and you let the cooker do the work!
- 3 to 4 pound beef Brisket, cut into large chunks
- 1 jar (16 ounces) giardiniera or pepperocini peppers
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Drain giardiniera, reserve liquid. Place beef Brisket in pressure cooker; top with reserved giardiniera liquid. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 90 minutes on pressure cooker timer, following manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Use quick release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. Remove beef from pressure cooker to medium bowl; reserve cooking liquid. Shred beef with 2 forks; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place reserved cooking liquid in large sauce pan; bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in flour; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Roughly chop giardiniera; add to cooking liquid. Add shredded beef; cook until heated through.
- Serve beef and giardiniera mixture over rice, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes or pasta, as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
This recipe was developed in an electric pressure cooker at high altitude. Cooking at an altitude of less than 3000 feet may require a slightly shorter cooking time. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions.
Use 2 tablespoons flour for a thinner sauce and 3 tablespoons flour for a thicker sauce in Step 2.
You may make this into a sandwich by placing beef and giardiniera mixture on hoagie roll and top with your favorite cheese.