tangy bbq sandwiches
- 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder ppot roast (2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 oz) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split
1. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
2. Add broth and garlic to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until pot roast is fork-tender.
3. Remove pot roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve liquid. Trim and discard excess fat from cooked pot roast. Combine shredded pot roast and barbecue sauce in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently, adding enough reserved cooking liquid (up to 1/2 cup) to maintain a moist consistency, if necessary. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition information per serving: 397 calories; 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 80 mg cholesterol; 1168 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 33 g protein; 5.7 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 49 mcg selenium; 7.4 mg zinc.>
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6.