steak tacos and chipotle cream
- 1 flank or top round steak, cut approsimately 1-inch thick
- 2 bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- CHIPOTLE CREAM
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from cannded chipotle peppers
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place steak and marinade in sealable plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Brush bell peppers and onion lightly with oil; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place steak and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface is 2-3 inches from heat. Broil flank steak 13-18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Broil peppers and onion 13-15 minutes, or until crisp-tender, turning once.
- Cut vegetables into thin strips; combine. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with Chiptole Cream.
For Chipotle Cream: Combine sour cream, cilantro and adobo sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 10 oz.) 562 calories; 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 17 g monounsaturated fat); 69 mg cholesterol; 688 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 31 g protein; 5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 5.1 mg iron; 35.8 mcg selenium; 3.5 mg zinc.