spicy roast beef chili over cornbread
- 1 package (1-1/2 to 2 pounds) refrigerated fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 medium corn meal muffins or cornbread squares, warmed
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- sliced green onions
1. Remove pot roast from package; set aside. Transfer gravy to Dutch oven. Stir in tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut pot roast into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces. Add beef to tomato mixture; heat through, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup green onions; remove from heat.
3. Break muffins into halves or quarters; place in shallow bowls. Top evenly with chili, then with sour cream. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition information per serving: 471 calories; 2 g fat; 123 mg cholesterol; 1697 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 36 g protein; 5.1 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.6 mcg vitamin B12; 4.9 mg iron; 8.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.