southwestern beef hash
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Sliced green onions and sliced ripe olives
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and yellow onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
2. Stir in potatoes. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa; continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Garnish with green onions and olives, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 371 calories; 24 g protein; 32 g carbohydrate; 16 g fat; 3.5 mg iron; 751 mg sodium; 74 mg cholesterol.