sous vide corned beef and sauerkraut
Cook classic Corned Beef Brisket and cabbage using the sous vide cooking method and you'll have ingredients for a great Reuben sandwich.
- 1 Boneless Corned Beef Brisket, about 3 pounds
- 1 head green cabbage, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Attach sous vide wand to stock pot. Fill pot with water according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat sous vide wand to 190° F.
- Place Corned Beef Brisket and seasoning packet in plastic food-safe bag and seal, removing as much air as possible.
Cook's Tip: For best results use a vacuum sealer.
- Submerge bag in water. Set timer for 24 hours.
- Add cabbage and remaining ingredients to food-safe plastic bag, seal, removing as much air as possible, and submerge in stock pot with beef for last 2 hours of cooking time.
- At end of cooking time, carefully remove bags from pot and transfer beef and sauerkraut to platter; keep warm.
Nutrition information per serving, 3 ounces: 313 Calories; 194.4 Calories from fat; 21.6g Total Fat (7.2 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.8 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 10.5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 111 mg Cholesterol; 1221 mg Sodium; 5.9 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.2 g Dietary Fiber; 21.7 g Protein; 0 mg Calcium; 2.5 mg Iron; 372 mg Potassium; 0.2 mg Riboflavin; 3.4 mg Niacin; 0.3 mg Vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 144 mg Phosphorus; 5.2 mg Zinc; 37.2 mcg Selenium; 78.5 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, and Choline.