slow cooker pot roast soup
Total Recipe Time: High Setting: 6 hours and 15 minutes; Low Setting: 9 hours and 15 minutes
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast Boneless (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 cup frozen has brown potatoes (cubes)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
1. Cut beef roast into 12 equal pieces. Place in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
2. Stir in broccoli slaw; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until broccoli slaw is crisp-tender. Turn off slow cooker. Stir in peas; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 295 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 100 mg cholesterol; 686 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 3.6 g fiber; 35 g protein; 4.3 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.2 mcg vitamin B12; 5.3 mg iron; 33.3 mcg selenium; 8.7 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.