steak & sugar snap pea and pasta salad
Fresh and colorful, this steak & sugar snap pea pasta salad is a proven winner!
Recipe as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by John Wiley & Sons
- 12 ounces grilled beef steak, cut into slices
- 1 cup cooked gemelli or corkskrew pasta
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup grape or teardrop tomatoes, cut in halves
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During last 2 minutes of cooking time, add sugar snap peas; drain.
- Whisk Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Combine pasta mixture, tomatoes and beef steak slices in large bowl. Drizzle pasta mixture with dressing; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 369 calories; 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 5 mg cholesterol; 216 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 4.2 g fiber; 32 g protein; 1 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 46.5 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc.