rustic corned beef and potato bake
Need to use up last night's Corned Beef Brisket? Try this rustic Potato Bake topped with Corned Beef Brisket and cheese.
- 12 ounces Corned Beef Brisket, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- HORSERADISH BUTTER
- 1 tablespoon grated, jarred horseradish
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- POTATO WEDGES
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups potato wedges
- OPTIONAL GARNISH
- sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare Horseradish Butter; set aside. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and thyme; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat; stir in Corned Beef and horseradish-butter mixture. Meanwhile, coat bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie plate with remaining 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- Arrange 1/2 of potato wedges in single layer over bottom of pie plate; stick remaining potato wedges upright around the edge of the pie plate. Combine cheeses in small bowl. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/2 of cheese mixture. Top with corned beef mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Press firmly with spatula to compact layers; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 375°F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; continue baking 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges begin to brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Cook's Tip: If using deli Corned Beef and frozen prepared roasted potatoes, increase covered baking time to 35 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 445 calories; 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat; 11 g monounsaturated fat); 121 mg cholesterol; 1130 mg sodium; 121 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g fiber; 27 g protein; 2.6 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 2.5 mg iron; 33.0 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.