pepper-apricot glazed corned beef
- 1 boneless corned beef brisket (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- PEPPER-APRICOT GLAZE
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon course grind black pepper
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with glaze; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until glazed. Carve diagonally across the grain.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/6 of recipe: 302 calories; 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 104 mg cholesterol; 1206 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 0.0 g fiber; 19 g protein; 3.2 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 34.9 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc; 73.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6, iron and choline.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/8 of recipe: 226 calories; 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 78 mg cholesterol; 904 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 0.0 g fiber; 15 g protein; 2.4 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 1.5 mg iron; 26.2 mcg selenium; 3.7 mg zinc; 55.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and choline.