pacific rim grilled steak & noodle salad
Whip up an easy Asian inspired marinade for Flank Steak using teriyaki sauce, peanut butter and ginger. Serve the steak with a chilled noodle salad.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- Toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions (Optional)
- MARINADE & DRESSING
- 2/3 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- NOODLE SALAD
- 8 ounces uncooked whole grain, whole wheat or regular spaghetti
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup carrot, cut diagonally into 1/4-ich slices
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped fresh basil and/or mint
- Combine marinade ingredients in glass measuring cup, whisking until just blended. Cover and refrigerate 2/3 cup for dressing. Place beef steak and remaining marinade in plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli, bell pepper and carrot during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Place pasta mixture in large serving bowl. Stir in basil. Heat reserved 2/3 cup dressing in microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until hot, stirring once. Add to pasta mixture, tossing to combine. Set aside.
Cook's Tip: Noodle Salad can be made ahead. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Cook's Tip: To broil flank steak, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil steak 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into slices; sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired. Serve steak with noodle salad.
Nutrition information per serving, using flank steak: 420 Calories; 90 Calories from fat; 10g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 66 mg Cholesterol; 926 mg Sodium; 51 g Total Carbohydrate; 6.9 g Dietary Fiber; 33 g Protein; 3.5 mg Iron; 14.4 mg Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.7 mg Zinc; 56.2 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.