mini merry meatballs
This is the perfect recipe for a holiday appetizer or a tailgating snack.
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef Brisket
- 1/4 pound ground beef Ribeye Steak
- 1/4 pound Ground Beef (80% lean)
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlicc
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- CRANBERRY BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Brisket, Ribeye, Ground Beef, stuffing mix, egg, water, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twenty-four 1-1/2-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 13 to 15 minutes until 160°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cranberry Barbecue Sauce. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, but not brown. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture has reduced to thick consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer mixture to blender container. Cover, allowing steam to escape. Process until smooth. Season with salt, as desired.
- Serve meatballs with barbecue sauce.
Cook's Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per meatball: 66 calories; 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 19 mg cholesterol; 108 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 0.7 g fiber; 4 g protein; 1.1 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0.3 mcg vitamin B12; 0.6 mg iron; 4.6 mcg selenium; 0.9 mg zinc; 7.2 mg choline.
Nutrition information per meatball, using 1 pound 80% lean Ground Beef: 77 calories; 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 21 mg cholesterol; 110 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 0.7 g fiber; 4 g protein; 1.1 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0.4 mcg vitamin B12; 0.7 mg iron; 4.0 mcg selenium; 0.9 mg zinc; 19.1 mg choline.