beef crostini with balsamic drizzle and parmesan crisps
Impress your family and friends with this easy appetizer of tender Strip Steak and creamy garlic cheese spread and crispy parmesan chips drizzled with a sweet balsamic glaze.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks boneless, cut 1 inch thich (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 12 slices thin white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces garlic-herb cheese spread, slightly softened
- prepared balsamic syrup
- 24 small arugula leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine Parmesan cheese and flour in small bowl; toss to mix well. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan mixture evenly into 8-inch circle on baking sheet. Bake in center of 350°F oven 6 to 8 minutes or until melted and light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Break into 24 irregular-shaped pieces. Set aside.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally in half. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven about 6 minutes or until lightly toasted but not brown. Set aside.
- Press pepper evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook top loin steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt.
- Meanwhile, spread 1 teaspoon cheese spread onto each bread piece; top with 2 to 3 steak slices. Drizzle balsamic syrup over beef; top with Parmesan crisp and arugula leaf.
Nutrition information per serving, using top loin steaks: 74 calories; 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 17 mg cholesterol; 101 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 7 g protein; 1.7 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0.3 mcg vitamin B12; 0.6 mg iron; 7.3 mcg selenium; 1.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is a good source of protein and selenium.