mediterranean steak & pasta with tomato-olive sauce
Try this quick and easy weeknight dinner. Whole-wheat pasta is served with beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks and a tomato and olive sauce. This one will please the adults and the kids in your family.
- 4 beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole grain fettuccine
- 1 jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce with olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 11 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Combine pasta sauce and oregano in same skillet; heat until hot. Return steaks to skillet; turn to coat with sauce. Place steaks on fettuccine; spoon sauce over all. Sprinkle steaks with cheese, allowing cheese to melt. Sprinkle with parsley.
Cook's Tip: You may substitute 1 jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce with olives for one jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce plus 1/4 cup chopped olives.
Nutrition information per serving: 474 Calories; 11.1g Total Fat; 3.7g Saturated Fat; 0.3g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.3g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.2g Trans Fat; 71mg Cholesterol; 766mg Sodium; 332mg Potassium; 54g Total carbohydrate; 37g Protein; 6.2mg Iron; 4.5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 90.1mg Choline; 2.8mcg Vitamin B12; 5.9mg Zinc; 33.6mcg Selenium; 10.1g Fiber.