mediterranean beef with mixed olives and feta
Preparation time: on LOW setting: 8-1/4 to 9-1/4 hours;
on HIGH setting: 5-1/4 to 6-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 to 15 oz each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup assorted olives, pitted, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- cooked basmati rice
- Place beef, tomatoes and olives in 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice, as desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition information per serving: (1/4 of recipe): 378 calories; 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 108 mg cholesterol; 2014 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 36 g protein; 4.4 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 25.5 mcg selenium; 7.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 252 calories; 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 72 mg cholesterol; 1343 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 24 g protein; 3.0 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 17.0 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6, and iron.