mediterranean beef steak sandwiches
- 2 beef Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Kalamata or ripe olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef steaks.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
3. Carve steaks; place on top of pitas. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
Nutrition information per serving: 420 calories; 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 89 mg cholesterol; 687 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 33 g protein; 10.4 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 4.1 mg iron; 48.4 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.