mediterranean beef steak-and-salad pizza
A new twist on Pizza and its ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mediterranean escarole and leaf lettuce salad blend or European salad blend
- 1 pound beef Sirloin Tip Steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 individual prebaked pizza crusts (4 ounces each; 7-inch diameter)
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled herb-seasoned feta cheese
Heat oven to 325°F. Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Heat 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Repeat with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
Place pizza crusts on baking sheet. Heat in 325°F oven 3 to 5 minutes or until warm.
Meanwhile, combine beef, salad greens, peppers, cheese and remaining vinaigrette; toss to combine. Divide salad evenly among pizza crusts.
Nutrition information per serving: 493 calories; 2 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 1083 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate; 1.7 g fiber; 33 g protein; 4.4 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 29.3 mcg selenium; 4.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.