mediterranean beef and olive pissaladierre
- 1 package (17 ounce) refrigerated fully-cooked boneless beef Pot Roast with gravy
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) puff pastry shells
- 1 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mixed pitted olives, cut in half or if large, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
Heat oven to 400°F. Place frozen puff pastry shells, top sides up, on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake in 400°F oven 15 minutes or until light golden brown and beginning to puff. (Pastry shells will not be fully baked.)
Meanwhile, heat beef pot roast with gravy in microwave according to package directions. Remove pot roast from container; reserve 1/4 cup gravy. Carefully shred pot roast in large bowl with 2 forks; stir in reserved gravy, onions, cheese, olives and tomatoes. Set aside.
While puff pastry is still warm, carefully divide each shell horizontally in half using tip of paring knife. Place, split sides up, on two baking sheets. Top each shell evenly with beef mixture. Bake in 400°F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through, cheese begins to brown and edges of pastry are deep golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition information per serving: 148 calories; 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 13 mg cholesterol; 217 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 6 g protein; 0.1 mg niacin; 0.0 mg vitamin B6; 0.0 mcg vitamin B12; 1.1 mg iron; 0.2 mcg selenium; 0.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is a good source of protein.