korean beef and vegetable bowls
Simple never sounded so delicious. Use rice, Flank Steak, stir-fry vegetable mix and Korean barbecue sauce for a quick and easy meal.
- 1cup uncooked rice
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 packagae (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 cup Korean barbecue sauce marinade
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise diagonally into 1/4-inch thick strips. Season steak with garlic salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon sesame oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add broccoli stir-fry mix; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return beef to skillet. Add rice and marinade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve in bowls.
Nutrition information per serving: 502 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 66mg Cholesterol; 1053mg Sodium; 67g Total carbohydrate; 30g Protein; 4.6mg Iron; 8.7mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 93mg Choline; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 4.8mg Zinc; 34.1mcg Selenium; 3g Fiber.