korean bbq beef on lettuce
This is not your traditional salad. Use Flank Steak, Korean barbecue sauce and brown rice to have a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup Korean barbecue sauce (bulgogi beef marinade), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 12 Boston lettuce or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place beef steak and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Season steak with pepper. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Toss carrot with rice vinegar; set aside.
- To make sauce, heat remaining barbecue sauce in small saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in half & half.
- Top lettuce leaves with equal amounts rice and steak. Drizzle with sauce; top with carrot strips and sesame seeds.
Nutrition information per serving: 303 Calories; 8g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 67mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium; 29g Total carbohydrate; 27g Protein; 2.9mg Iron; 8.2mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 104mg Choline; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 5.1mg Zinc; 33.7mcg Selenium; 2.6g Fiber.