hoisin bbq kabobs with pineapple salsa
Little and big hands alike can enjoy bite-sized beef cubes, topped with a colorful four ingredient salsa.
- 1 1/4 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced hothouse cucumber
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (optional)
- Combine Pineapple Salsa ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup and hoisin sauce in another small bowl; set aside. Cut beef steak into 1-inch pieces. Thread beef pieces evenly onto four 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Season kabobs evenly with pepper.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush beef generously with some of reserved sauce mixture. Broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture. Season beef with salt, if desired. Serve kabobs topped with Pineapple Salsa.
Nutrition information per serving: 258 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 62 mg cholesterol; 421 mg sodium; 15 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 34 g protein; 10.1 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 2.5 mg iron; 38.4 mcg selenium; 6.3 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.