grilled t-bone steaks with bbq rub
- 2 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thich (about 2 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Combine BBQ Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove bones and carve steaks into slices, if desired. Season with salt, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 275 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg cholesterol; 189 mg sodium; 11 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 3 g protein; 5.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 10.8 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc; and a good source of selenium.