grilled steak and asian noodle salad
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 6 ounces uncooked whole grain spaghetti
- 1 package (8 ounces) sugar snap peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packaged shredded carrots
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat or regular Asian-sesame dressing
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 3 tablespoon marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade until ready to use.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta per according to package directions, adding vegetables during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Combine pasta and vegetables with reserved marinade in large bowl. Evenly divide among 4 bowls.
- Carve steaks into slices. Evenly arrange beef over pasta and vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 423 Calories; 81 Calories from fat; 9g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 50 mg Cholesterol; 502 mg Sodium; 48 g Total Carbohydrate; 9.3 g Dietary Fiber; 35 g Protein; 5.7 mg Iron; 8.5 mg NE Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2 mg Zinc; 31.2 mcg Selenium; 114.4 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.