green chile volcano burger
This recipe comes to us from Anna Herrera-Shawver, owner of Santa Fe Seasonings and other delicious New Mexico products can be found at Taste New Mexico.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (85% lean)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Santa Fe Seasons Desert Blend (or seasoning salt)
- Salt and Cracked Pepper to taste
- 4 French Brioche buns (slightly sweet and buttery)
- STREET CORN CRUMBLE
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Santa Fe Seasons Chile Blend (or red chile powder)
- TEMPURA GREEN CHILE & ONIONS
- 1 box tempura batter
- 4 fresh Hatch Green Chiles
- 1 large sweet onion
- Canola Oil for frying
- LIME CILANTRO "LAVA"
- 1 ripe avocado
- Santa Fe Seasons Green Chile Lime Seasoning (Optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- Street Corn Crumble, Remove husk from corn. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with Santa Fe Seasons Chile Blend and a little salt and pepper. Place directly on grill for about 10 minutes, turning often until roasted. Let cool and slice corn off the cob. Place in a mixing bowl and add crumbled cotija cheese, diced fresh cilantro, and mayonnaise.
- Meanwhile, prepare Tempura batter. Roast and peel 4 fresh Hatch green chiles, remove stems and seeds.
- Slice 1 large sweet onion 3/4 inches thick and separate.
- Dip chiles and onions in tempura batter and fry in 400 degree canola oil until lightly browned.
- Lime Cilantro - Blend avocado, fresh cilantro, olive oil, fresh lime juice, creme fraiche, buttermilk and water. Add a sprinkle of Santa Fe Seasons Green Chile Lime Seasoning.
- Mix together Ground Beef, egg, Worcestershire and Santa Fe Seasons Desert Blend. Shape into four burger patties. Place on the heated grill, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat), turning occasionally. Add cheese and let melt.
- Set buns on a plate and top with grilled burger patties. Add street corn crumble then stack two onion rings. Place whole tempura fried green chile on top and drizzle a line of cilantro lime sauce on top until it flows over the stack.
Recipe courtesy of Anna Herrera-Shawver. Santa Fe Seasons' products are available at Taste New Mexico, www.tastenewmexico.com