ginger beef and noodle bowls
- 1 pound beef shoulder top blade (Flat Iron) steaks or 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cans (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 oz each) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 6 cups cooked fresh Oriental-style thin cut noodles r unseasoned instant ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
Cut steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; cut strips in half. Heat 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
Add broth, green onions and mirin to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile divide noodles and beef evenly among 4 large soup bowls.
Bring broth mixture to a boil over high heat; ladle boiling mixture evenly over beef and noodles. Garnish with carrots.
Nutrition information per serving using top blade: 665 calories; 37 g protein; 72 g carbohydrate; 19 g fat; 750 mg sodium; 202 mg cholesterol; 34.1 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg vitamin B12; 7.9 mg iron; 10.3 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.
Nutrition information per serving using top round: 643 calories; 44 g protein; 72 g carbohydrate; 13 g fat; 754 mg sodium; 202 mg cholesterol; 38.2 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 7.8 mg iron; 7.5 mg zinc.