fiery beef satay skewers
- 1 1/2 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-1/2 inches thick
- 5 to 6 green onions, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup country Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons bottled minced or fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
In large shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients; whisk until blended. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread an equal amount of beef and green onion pieces onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, basting frequently with reserved 1/2 cup marinade and turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 335 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 74 mg cholesterol; 1977 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrate; 0.7 g fiber; 45 g protein; 11.8 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 46.1 mcg selenium; 7.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.