fat tuesday creole mustard beef oscar
- 4 top loin steaks (strip steaks) or ribeye steaks
- 1/2 pound combination of fresh or frozen shrimp, lobster claws and or scallops
- 8 spears fresh or frozen asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 bottle creole mustard sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley leaves or tarragon
- freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Cook seafood and asparagus in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Season steaks with favorite steak spice and broil, grill or pan-fry to desired doneness (approx 3-4 minutes per side).
- Meanwhile, add garlic to a lightly oiled frying pan and sauté. Stir in creole mustard sauce, parsley, pepper, cooked seafood and asparagus and heat through. Pour entire contents of pan over cooked steaks. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 352 calories; 15 g fat; 37 g protein; 15 g carbohydrates
A good source of Iron (19 % RDI) and an excellent source of Zinc (66 % RDI)