east west flank steak wraps
- 1 1/2 beef Flank Steak
- 2 cups package coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Green onion flower and chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Combine dressing ingredients in large bowl; whisk until blended. Place beef steak and 3/4 of dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Meanwhile, add coleslaw mix, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/8 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper to remaining 1/4 of dressing in bowl; toss. Set aside. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Remove steak from dressing; discard dressing. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. A few minutes before steak is done, place tortilla packet on grid near edge of grill to heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired; carve diagonally into thin slices.
- Arrange equal amounts of beef and coleslaw mixture across center of each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with 1/3 cup chopped peanuts. Fold bottom edge of tortilla up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Garnish with green onion and additional peanuts, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 452 calories; 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 42 mg cholesterol; 424 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 31 g protein; 7.4 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.5 mg iron; 27.5 mcg selenium; 4.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.