diy beef ramen noodle jars
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked beef Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons beef base
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi
- 4 teaspoons red miso paste
- 8 dropes sesame oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) dried ramen noodles, any flavor
- TOPPINGS OPTIONAL:
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- chili sauce
- chili oil
- sesame seeds
- thinly sliced nori (dried seaweed)
- thinly sliced shallots
- Add 1-1/2 teaspoons beef concentrate, 2 tablespoons kimchi, 1 teaspoon miso paste and 2 drops sesame oil to each of four 1-quart Mason canning jars. To each jar, add 3 ounces (1/2 cup) cooked beef steak, 1/2 cup spinach leaves, 1/4 cup carrot, quarter of mushroom slices and 2 tablespoons green onion. Add half of each package of ramen noodles to each jar, discarding flavor packets. Close jars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove lid and carefully add 2-1/2 cups boiling water to each jar. Close jar tightly and let stand 5 minutes, shaking occasionally. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Jars can be refrigerated for as long as 3 days and prepared as needed.
Nutrition information per serving: 400 calories; 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 67 mg cholesterol; 1672 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 3.5 g fiber; 32 g protein; 8.5 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 5.1 mg iron; 47.4 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 102.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.